Autism Society of Colorado
Colorado’s Autism Society recently sent along some information regarding their services. Below is a sampling of their offering:
- Opening Doors Program: partners with local and national businesses to provide comfortable places to dine, shop, and enjoy the community. Specific training designed to help employers as they employ individuals with disabilities.
- Autism 101: a training for organizations interested in learning about autism. Previous organizations have included businesses, libraries, schools, and schools.
- Connecting Families with Autism: helps facilitate mentoring relationships. Emotional support, sharing of resources, and sharing of experiences!
- Autism Navigation Center: responds to crisis calls, emails, walk-ins. See also www.autismcolorado.org.
- Education Advocacy: Get your IEP or 504 Plan help here!!
- Beau Jo’s pizza night: first Tuesdays of the month in Arvada, first Wednesdays of the month in Denver; includes a 10% discount for participants.
- Sensory Friendly Films: 2nd and 4th Tuesdays and all Saturdays at AMC locations.
- Walk with Autism: in Denver and Colorado Springs
- Ride with Autism, August 27, 2016: motorcycle and hot rod scavenger cruise from Denver to Black Hawk